At VitalHub we do not simply develop and sell software to automate healthcare processes. Instead, we deliver solutions that offer clinical value at the point of care. We relentlessly pursue insights into the thought processes that drive clinical decisions and constantly strive to attain a deeper understanding of how information is used to make those clinical decisions. To help VitalHub better grasp the subtleties and intricacies of clinical practice data, we are seeking a Data Analysts with decision support experience who can ask the right questions, make astute observations and develop reports and dashboards that can unlock meaning information to support organizational goals and best practices.
VitalHub develops and supports mission-critical information systems that support the Mental Health (Child, Youth and Adult), Long Term Care, Community and Social Service, Home Health and Hospital sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Meet with VitalHub customers and prospects to analyze and document business requirements – Decision Support reports and dashboard.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in VitalHub solutions.
- Translating data into meaningful information for our customers to help them make better business and clinical decisions.
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends in VitalHub solution data.
- Understand business processes and business requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of clinical systems, as well as how these systems support Corporate Decision Support.
- Adhering to guidelines about keeping data confidential.
- Conduct product demonstrations.
- Translate business processes and business requirements into specific software reporting and dashboard requirements and designs.
- Provide input to technical teams on Decision Support database designs.
- Designing and creating reports, structured or ad hoc, using SQL and various BI/reporting tools (e.g. IBI WebFocus, Microsoft Reporting Services, Jaspersoft, SpagoBI).
- Providing expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Experience with Healthcare data and standards (e.g. ICD, DSM, HL7, SNOMED, CIHI, Private/Public Billing) is a plus.
- Work along with the reporting and platform development team, participating in the design and development of Business Intelligence solutions that seamlessly integrate with VitalHub products.
- Use analytical skills to think “outside the box” to solve problems related to mapping customer requirements to Decision Support solutions and maximize the reuse of dashboards and reports.
- Support pre-release testing - includes preparation and review of test plans and support of User Acceptance Testing.
- Interact with customers, providing guidance and training on how to use existing and new operational and BI reports and dashboards, as well as any future customer self-service reporting initiatives.
- Effectively communicate with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional and support requirements.
- Provide interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- University Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science or Health Informatics/Analytics or related field, or professional experience in data analysis/report writing is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong understanding of IT integration and software development principles.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Analytical problem-solving in relation to clinical systems.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work under time constraints and adapt quickly to change.
- Able to multitask and manage concurrent operational responsibilities and project assignments.
- Demonstrated high-level of initiative.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
VitalHub is an equal opportunity employer with competitive benefits and a dynamic work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Corporate Decision Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)