Are you interested in developing your technical skills and learning about the Lottery and Gaming industry? If so, come work with us! AGLC has an opportunity for a Field Technician located in St. Albert, AB. In this role, you will learn how to trouble shoot and repair slot machines, VLT’s, Ticket lottery terminals and other electronic gaming equipment! Our internal training program will teach you all about different slot machines and other electronic games.
As a Field Technician, you will install, service, and maintain Video Lottery Terminals, Slot Machines, electronic gaming devices, ticket lottery terminals and associated equipment in a variety of work environments. Field Technicians will be required to work independently in the completion of their duties, and in accordance with AGLC policies, procedures and security requirements.
Using your excellent communication skills, both oral and written, you will be expected to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders and the general public. You must have good organizational & time management skills along with strong attention to detail to ensure tasks are performed in an efficient and effective manner. Strong problem solving and technical skills will help you succeed in this role and you must be able to work as an effective team member.
Our Field Technicians work shift work and are eligible for shift premiums and weekend premiums in addition to their base salary.
- Electronics Diploma, Certified Engineering Technologist or Telecommunications Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and move or shift weights ranging from 50-300lbs.
- Ability to use lift up to 1000 lbs with the use of lift equipment.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract are also required.
ABOUT THE DIVISION & BRANCH
Gaming and Cannabis Division
The Gaming & Cannabis division manages the business operations related to the conduct and management of the province’s gaming industry with a focus on revenue sustainability and growth, operational efficiencies and customer service excellence.
The division is also responsible for business operations related to the wholesale and distribution of cannabis in Alberta, as well as online e-commerce cannabis sales through albertacannabis.org.
For the gaming line of business, there are four areas of responsibility driven by discrete “mantras”:
- Product Marketing Management (Buy It, Market It)
- Relationship Management & Business Development (Sell It)
- Supply Chain Management (Build It, Ship It, plan to Install It)
- Customer Service Excellence (Service It)
Gaming Services Branch
- Provides technical support, maintenance, product deployment and integrity-related activities for electronic gaming equipment for the vlt, ticket lottery, bingo, and casino networks.
- Operates AGLC call centre that provides services to gaming retailers and operators, Albertans, and other AGLC divisions. This group also operates Lottery Ticket Prize Payout offices in St. Albert and Calgary and provides other customer administration services.
NOTE: To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. As a condition of employment you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment. While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at https://aglc.ca/about-us/careers/current-opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $47,695.14 to $60,685.11 /year
- install, service, and maintain Video Lottery Terminals: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Required)