We are StormFree
StormFree Cloud Corporation (StormFree) is constructing the future of cloud-driven enterprise services. Designed to enable businesses to regain control of their data without sacrificing security, the StormFree Platform provides highly-flexible integrations that support interoperability at all levels of infrastructure, while embracing the expandability of cloud computing. We empower companies to easily, effectively, and affordably deploy and manage technology services within their own ecosystem.
The StormFree team enjoys a strong and interactive remote working culture, with the benefit of a healthy commute-free lifestyle that helps promote work-life balance. Our teams are diligent, innovative, and optimally-sized to fit our SDLC and project management structure. Each team member provides a valuable voice and plays an important role in our mission to explore, leverage, and develop modern technology solutions. StormFree is a synergistic, skilled, and focused organization, captained by experienced leaders with long-term vision and comprehensive technical backgrounds.
To learn more about StormFree, please check our website at https://www.stormfree.cloud.
We Invite You
StormFree is looking for a Project Manager with experience managing mid-sized and concurrent full life-cycle software development projects, and play a key role in delivering high quality products to our licensees and end users.
As a Project Manager you will work closely with the PMO and StormFree stakeholders to establish and confirm project scope, requirements, estimates, budgets, plans, and schedules. You will lead teams to deliver on expectations. We are seeking a great communicator and team player who is passionate about technology, excited to be part of a fresh, enterprising venture, and has a solid track record of delivering results.
All StormFree team members work remotely, are located in several provinces, and can be based anywhere in Canada provided they are Canadian residents and have a stable, high-speed internet connection.
As Project Manager, you will:
- work closely with PMO, infrastructure and development teams to deliver a high quality product to stakeholders on schedule and within budget
- create and deliver presentations to StormFree teams, management, and stakeholders
- interact honestly and respectfully with stakeholders promptly resolving any project issues
- drive project groups, ensuring Company and industry best practices are utilized
- confirm requirements gathered are accurate and set realistic timelines to ensure stakeholders receive products that meets or exceeds their expectations
- develop and update various project and team documents, including but not limited to, requirement documents, project plans, project estimates, project schedules, project tracking tools, and budget documents
- embody the StormFree Way to help build and deliver quality products that meet or exceed the highest industry standards
- embrace the remote work culture, building strong relationships with team members, managers, and stakeholders
Required skills include:
- ability to concurrently manage and successfully deliver mid-sized (2-10 team members), full life-cycle, custom software development and research projects
- expertise to establish and build stakeholder relationships with the ability to proactively address issues and concerns that may arise during all phases of projects
- proficiency in gathering complete business and technical requirements from stakeholders
- ability to use a variety of project management tools
- experience interfacing with both technical and non-technical audiences
- excellent presentation skills, comfortable using a variety of communication tools
- flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced, dynamic and growing organization
- ability to identify and communicate both potential issues and opportunities
- adept at considering problems from all angles and contributing effectively to solution options
- ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- strong written and oral English communication
Preferred skills include:
- experience working remotely with highly technical organizations
- knowledge of a variety of software development methodologies, such as iterative prototyping, Agile
- knowledge of technology used in the software and mobile industry
- knowledge of Quality Assurance strategies and experience testing best practices
- experience with structured project management and business analysis principles, practices and methodologies
Preferred education includes:
- college or university education with a focus on Project Management and Business Analysis
- diploma from a technical institution
- relevant certifications from recognized training institutions
Your Work Environment
Your work space must have a:
- private work area, such as a rented space or a home office
- stable, high-speed internet connection on a reliable network
- computer with sufficient processing power to meet work commitments
- office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
- headset and camera for meetings
This is a contract role, working remotely. Compensation, based on experience and performance, is between $35-55 per hour.
We thank you for your interest in working with StormFree. You will be contacted if you are selected to move forward with the next step in our process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- interfacing with both technical and non-technical audiences: 3 years (Required)
- managing a team remotely: 1 year (Required)
- custom software development and research projects: 3 years (Required)
- PMing concurrent projects with 2-10 team members: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)