Digital production company specializing in sound and video editing. International and domestic client base that continues to grow.
We are looking for a competent Sound Engineer(s) (Junior, Intermediate, Senior) to record, mix and edit audio for our productions.
Sound engineers are deft around sensitive audio equipment and experts in using them to produce quality sound. We expect you to be knowledgeable about different audio recording and editing techniques. If you also possess a creative mind and a good ear we’d like to hear from you.
Is Video Sound Effect Editing different from Music Sound Mixing?
Absolutely! Music involves mixing multiple tracks and finding the right tonal balance. Video Sound Editing is significantly complex as it involves not only music but collecting and inserting the right sounds to create an emotional affect. It aligns sound to the video track; adds sound effects; and layers multiple sounds. We require individuals with Sound Effect Editing experience.
- Follow instructions and details from directors, producers etc
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings
- Work with video editors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Resolve technical issues when they arise
- Proven experience as sound engineer
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization)
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools)
- A team player with excellent communication skills and excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- High school diploma minimum
- Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus
- Programming in C++ is beneficial
Industry: Media, News and Publishing
Reference ID: JD-SE
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Freelance
Salary: $35,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Sound Editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)