SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Advisor Labour Relations Advisor (LRA) provide strategic support to internal client groups on all aspects of labour relations aligned with company customer centered philosophy.
- Supports the organization in areas of labour relations such as collective agreement bargaining, contract language interpretation and application.
- Assists site leadership teams in maintaining compliance with internal human resource policies and practices, as well as applicable legislation.
- Provide labour relations service through coaching, training and consultation to corporate teams and site leaders regarding best practices.
- Supports managers with the interpretation and application of various collective agreements.
- Attend hearings as the company representative when necessary
- Supports the collective bargaining process, including conducting market research data; costing proposals and maintaining bargaining files and notes.
- Provides labour relations training and consultation to corporate teams and site leadership teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- A university degree or diploma in Human Resources/Labour Relations (or related discipline) with 5-7 years labour relations experience within a unionized environment.
- CPHR designation and healthcare experience preferred.
- The ability to research, analyze and reason logically and effectively within tight timeframes and multiple and/or conflicting deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation including Labour Relations Code, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Workers' Compensation Act and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Handles confidential information in an ethical manner.
- Strong work ethic, high level of enthusiasm and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective communication style both orally and in writing
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Health Care: 2 years (Preferred)
- Labor Relations in a unionized environment: 5 years (Required)
- Human Resources Degree or diploma (Required)
- CPHR (Preferred)