Acclaim Health announces the availability of one (1) 0.80 Established Part-Time Volunteer Engagement Coordinator position (equivalent to 30 hours per week), in the Community Support Services department. This position is based in the Oakville area.
- Responsible for volunteer recruitment, orientation, engagement, ongoing education and recognition activities.
- Acts as the primary contact for volunteer positions in the Community support services department
- Participates in the development and implementation of volunteer recruitment plan
- Responds to volunteer inquiries
- Completes initial volunteer interviews
- Completes reference checks
- Conducts volunteer orientation sessions
- In collaboration with the team, organizes and facilitates volunteer training programs and education opportunities
- Represents Acclaim Health at volunteer fairs and community events
- Organizes the yearly volunteer appreciation event
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
- Post-secondary education Gerontology, Social Services or related discipline.
- Volunteer Management certificate is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and insurance coverage in accordance with the company policy
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in volunteer coordination
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Knowledge and understanding of volunteerism, and community resources
- Strong assessment and interviewing skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and email marketing software
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
Why work for Acclaim Health? You will be working for an organization that has provided quality care to the community for 85+ years. Acclaim Health provides a wide variety of services to support the community, including Community Support Services, Alzheimer Services, Home and Personal Support Services and Palliative Care Services. Acclaim Health is a patient and family centered work environment that allows for flexibility in work schedules to ensure work/life balance. At Acclaim Health, we promote and support employees with a strong emphasis on the values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Innovation and Excellence.
Qualified individuals may apply on our website: www.acclaimhealth.ca/careers/
Please note - only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Acclaim Health is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources so we can ensure your equal participation in this process.
All Acclaim Health employees must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid exemption upon hire subject to Human Rights considerations.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.97-$24.81 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- volunteer coordination: 2 years (preferred)
- Gerontology, Social Services or related discipline (preferred)
- Driver's License (required)