Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home Inc.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer of Atlantic Baptist Housing
The Administrator provides operational leadership and direction for the Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home located in Moncton, New Brunswick. The role provides leadership to the administrative team of Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home and works collaboratively with them in achieving the mission of Adding Life to the Years of our residents. Spencer Home is a 200-bed licensed nursing home that operates according to the required Standards of Care outlined by New Brunswick's Department of Social Development. The Administrator is responsible for the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of all aspects of management and operations. This will be done with a focus on resident centered care and guided by policies set by the Chief Executive Officer in collaboration with the Board of Directors of Atlantic Baptist Senior Citizen's Homes Inc. (Atlantic Baptist Housing). This position requires initiative, good judgment, excellent communication skills and a dedication to quality care.
- Maintain good communications with the Chief Executive Officer ensuring awareness of any significant matters involving the Nursing Home or any major issues affecting the day to day operations of the facility.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with applicable Provincial regulations, municipal by-laws and policies of the organization.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and the Director of Finance of Atlantic Baptist Housing to establish an operational budget based on Provincial funding and make every effort to ensure costs are within budget.
- Responsible with the Director of Care and other management and staff for the care and safety of all residents by ensuring that adequate staff, within the Department of Social Development, are present to provide proper care and services and to cope with an emergency situation.
- Work with Human Resources Personnel in the recruitment, hiring and discharge of staff within their area of operational responsibility.
- Development of policies as required and annual review of all policies.
- Delegate departmental authority as appropriate.
- Works with the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Leadership Team in developing a strategic direction that responds to the needs of the nursing home, its residents and staff.
- Meets and reports to the Chief Executive Officer regularly and submits a quarterly report summarizing the financial health and any operational updates/needs.
- Research, develop, implement and participate in fund raising opportunities where necessary and/or possible.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on trends and innovations affecting nursing home care delivery.
- Participate in formal and informal continuing education relevant to the scope of the position.
- Serves as the Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home formal contact and representative with external parties on matters related to the operation of the home.
- Represent Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home Inc. on a daily basis, through deeds, actions and attitude that reflect and promote the mission, philosophy and values of Atlantic Baptist Housing.
- Baccalaureate degree in a field of study relevant to the operation of a large nursing home (100+ beds) or health care facility including or supplemented by recognized courses in administration and/or health care.
- Five (5) years relevant healthcare management experience or a Master's Degree in a field of study relevant to the operation complex organization including or supplemented by recognized courses in administration and/or health care; and six years healthcare management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Experience in financial management and budgeting.
- Experience with a variety of business and scheduling software.
- Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to oversee multiple projects and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a positive team player and advocate for Kenneth E. Spencer Memorial Home.
- Physically and mentally able to perform required duties and work under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to pursue continuing education that enhances leadership and position fit.
- Valid Driver's License
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
Job Type: Full-time