This position provides day-to-day direction and guidance to a team of call centre representatives. The Blinlingual Team Leader plans and evaluates workflow and coordinates work activities to achieve volumes expected to meet operational requirements. Based on established standards, this position will monitor staff performance and the daily application of organizational policies and procedures, provide feedback, coaching and ongoing development to meet client and corporate quality expectations. The Team Leader will recommend operational improvements and may approve special price concessions, quotes, allowances or adjustments. The position serves as a first line supervisor for agents; may provide input into hiring decisions and performance appraisals but not necessarily make hiring decisions or conduct performance appraisals. The typical requirement is one to three years of experience in call centre operations.
- Monitors and manages absenteeism and punctuality and prepares payroll documentation for subordinates and maintains personnel files
- Resolve clients customer issues through execution of sound judgment in order to ensure customer retention in the interest of the client and provides bilingual support on appropriate escalations
- Oversees and manages effective use of personnel resources to insure service quality standards and budgetary scheduling standards are met
- Meets regularly with direct reports individually and collectively for mentoring and program updates
- Assists with Business centre training needs analysis and program development
- Uses appropriate tools to manage and report non conformance in document control processes
- Communicates department and organizational objectives and goals to subordinate and provides frequent and consistent feedback to direct reports and maintains ongoing awareness of individual / group standards and goals
- Monitors and ensures existence of supportive working environment(s) to promote high job satisfaction and morale while managing departmental resources through effective recruiting, delegation and organization
- Monitors team compliance to quality standards using established audit procedures and systems
Education/Knowledge: High School Graduation or equivalent; General knowledge of windows-based applications; Good understanding of call centre operations, metrics, and general procedures
Experience / Skill: One to three years successful experience working directly in a call centre environment; with previous demonstrated supervisory skills; ability to calculate business math equations. Must be Fluently Bilingual (French/English).
Job Type: Full-time
- Call Center Management: 1 year (Required)
- Oshawa, ON (Preferred)
- French (Required)