With 12,500 trained employees in 17 locations across Canada, we are Canada’s National Cleaning and Maintenance Company. From Vancouver to Halifax, we maintain a diverse portfolio consisting of commercial, industrial, retail, recreational, educational and food manufacturing facilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Heavy Duty Cleaner at the Diamond Healthcare Centre. Hours of work are 4:30pm - midnight, Monday - Friday.
A Heavy-Duty Cleaner is generally responsible for heavy cleaning work including the cleaning of all hard floor surfaces and the collection and removal of garbage from drop points to a garbage bin or compactor.
- Dry mops, wet mops (wash/scrub) and polishes hard surface floors. The washing/scrubbing of floors is done with manual or power scrubbing equipment and the polishing is done with hand held or walk behind buffing machines. In large open applications automatic equipment may be used to perform these functions.
- Strips and finishes hard surface floors manually or with power equipment when required.
- Transports garbage from drop points to garbage bins or compactor. The cleaner will operate the compactor and will be responsible for cleaning the compactor at regular intervals.
- Transports maintenance machinery, where necessary, between floors and job sites.
- Cleans glass areas requiring ladders, scaffolding or other extension equipment to reach.
- Cleans washroom floors including washing, stripping and finishing.
- Cleans stairwells and elevator cabs where ladders are required.
- Maintains and carries out preventative maintenance procedures on floor machines, vacuums, automatic scrubbers and buffers and larger self propelled machines.
This position may or may not include all the above responsibilities.
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.20 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday