Thrive Cannabis is a Licensed Producer of Cannabis based in the Simcoe/Jarvis Area, Ontario. Thrive maintains standard cultivation and processing licenses under the Cannabis Act, and currently operates within a 10,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility. The Company has been successful in raising significant capital to help fund an aggressive growth strategy.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and Direction of Operations, the Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for assisting with maintenance related tasks and any other tasks as needed.
- Perform routine, daily inspections and maintenance necessary to keep equipment and facility is good working order
- Assists and performs with installation, maintenance, repair, and construction work in the basic building maintenance where trades such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, flooring, mechanics etc. are applicable
- Maintains good communication by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Report all mechanical defects & shortfalls to Maintenance Manager.
- Plan, schedule, and execute preventative maintenance within budget and maintain accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, work orders and deficiency reports.
- Inspect properties and communicates to management regarding proper grounds keeping, and general cleanup and maintenance, which includes the use of hand tools such as but not limited to drills, saws, shovels, weed trimmers, snow blower, etc.
- Obtains quotes, and estimates for projects and supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed and obtains financial approval from the Finance Department before proceeding.
- Responds to emergency maintenance / repair requests after hours and on weekends
- Conduct routine, non-licensed inspection of facilities including but limited to items such as HVAC, water systems, electrical panel, etc.
- Inspection of fire protection equipment and ensure equipment is properly maintained and up to date.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and acts in line with company policies and regulating licensing laws.
- Building trades experience and understanding of equipment maintenance, especially HVAC systems
- Electrician or millwright certification considered an asset.
- Knowledge of local and Provincial requirements related to assigned duties.
- High school diploma.
- Deals well with uncertainty, exemplary safety mindset, attention to detail, time flexibility, job knowledge, productivity, professionalism along with speed and attention to detail with regulatory compliance documents.
- Valid driver license.
- Knowledge of English language with excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability & physical flexibility to work in tight quarters in & around HVAC equipment for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift moderate weights; boxes, pales.
- Ability to work at low to high heights (step and extension ladders, elevated work platforms, etc).
- Willing to be available to work shifts including weekends and nights for special work projects and On Call duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Type: Full-time