Worship & Arts Administrator
(Maternity Leave Coverage – ~1 Year Contract)
Primary Job Responsibilities: Administration of the Worship & Arts Ministry in conjunction with the Pastor of Worship & Arts, primarily at the Mount Pleasant site. Musical gifting required, as you will be responsible for Worship leading coverage at Mount Pleasant site.
Hours: Full-Time (40 Hours per Week), Contract
Reports to: Pastor of Worship & Arts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Alongside the W&A Pastor the Administrator will:
- Propose and implement the scheduling of worship leaders and team members at the Mount Pleasant site
- Lead and or participate with the band for Sunday Mornings services, as required
- Assist with the worship planning and team coordination for services as needed
- Assist with logistics and implementation of special elements for all major special services and worship & arts events
- Assist with development of volunteer leaders, including giving feedback and mentoring.
- Participate in Pastorate gatherings for the Mount Pleasant worship & arts community (usually Saturday evenings, several times per year)
- Provide central support to sites when needed
- Assist with lining up of special guest teams and special W&A events
- Work with Communications to coordinate the timing of worship & arts promotional materials, and assist with planning of Worship & Arts videos
- Draw on visual artists in coordinating integration of visual arts in services, in conjunction with Pastor of Worship & Arts.
Technical Arts & Administration
- Assist our congregation’s ability to worship God through preparing media files, primarily for Mount P. AM services.
- Recruit and assist the Technical Director in the training of Mount Pleasant AM media techs
- Troubleshooting of projectors, computers, etc. involved in Worship & Arts
- Resolve technical issues involving media in Mount P. AM services.
- Complete weekly Sermon tech tasks such as sending out sermon summary
- Send out electronic links to Orders of Service on Planning Centre
- Update weekly file folder with current information that media people will need – Orders of Service, announcements and sermon manuscript.
- Extraction and uploading of recordings, videos, and custom charts as needed.
- Assistance with set-up of sound system equipment as needed
- Print and assemble music binders for Mt P AM teams & retrieve them following services
- Keep accurate records, spreadsheets, files, and store re-usable data and files
- Order music as needed.
- Administer music memberships and video, music, & software licensing, zero-rating reporting, subscriptions, etc.
- Assist with logistics for large events such as Christmas Concerts & Easter: décor, floral, lighting, costumes, props etc.
Required skills, attributes, and experience:
- A servant’s heart, and passion for God, his Word, and for community worship.
- A degree and/or considerable experience in Worship & Arts.
- Strong administrative skills, organized, strong at planning, managing, and organizing multiple details and logistics.
- Strong gifting in music, preferably with the training, ability and experience to coach other musicians effectively, and preferably with the skill and ability to lead worship
- Familiarity with software to be able to work with Planning Center, Pro Presenter, databases, and other software needed in technical areas.
- Maturity and efficiency; humility & respectfulness.
- Teachable attitude, and helpful spirit.
- A person of integrity.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Commitment to the Mount Pleasant AM community as home church
Job Types: Full-time, Contract