Reporting to the Door Business Unit Manager, the DBU Supervisor is responsible for production staffing supervision, safety awareness, and ensuring appropriate levels of staffing, quality, performance, output and implementing improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
· Provide daily time management information to payroll
· Monitor daily output to plan in order to achieve board cycle
· Physically be in attendance on the shop floor for 90% of the day
· Forward information to the relative departments regarding poor production data
· Ensure current Key Performance targets are realized (Safety, First time Yield, Board cycle completion, Efficiency etc), while constantly looking to improve them
· Ensure all safety guidelines are followed and all line operations are run safely
· Make changes and recommendations to existing safety procedures
· Ensure all units meet or exceed the accepted Ply Gem quality specifications
· Deal with employee issues related to performance and attendance
· Assist in the recruitment and training of staff as needed
· Complete accident investigations in a timely manner
· Lead associates in Continuous Improvement problem solving initiatives.
· Coach and provide meaningful feedback to production employees
· Two years of manufacturing experience.
· Ability to supervise a staff of up to 20 people.
· Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Reliable, with the ability to maintain a high level of commitment.
· Working knowledge of MS Office.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities.
· Successful completion of secondary education
· Post-Secondary education is preferred, but not required
· Lean Six Sigma will be considered an asset
If you believe you, or someone you know, is the right candidate for this opportunity, please email a resume and covering letter to Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $53,204.00-$79,486.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- production supervisor: 2 years (Required)
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Required)