We are currently looking for keen General Sonographers and/or Echocardiographers to join our teams at various sites throughout the Vancouver Metro area and Lower Mainland.
Relocate to the Lower Mainland, BC!
Vancouver is consistently recognized as one of the best cities to live for quality of life, with world class amenities in a beautiful, natural environment. The surrounding cities in the Lower Mainland offer a full variety of lifestyles from cosmopolitan, culturally diverse communities to small towns with friendly neighbourhoods. The Lower Mainland provides exceptional amenities including educational, healthcare, transportation, sports, arts and culture. Relocation assistance up to $5,000 may be offered.
Why join VCH?
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
· Practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice as well as within a client and family centred care model and the vision and values of the department across the Lower Mainland Medical Imaging (LMMI) health authorities (Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services and Vancouver Coastal Health).
· Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and/or echocardiography ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices.
· Duties include receiving and completing requisitions, entering relevant data into the RIS system, preparing patients for specific procedures, and conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques.
· May perform venipuncture for contrast media injections as directed by the Radiologist/Cardiologist.
· Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
· Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Sonography and/or Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS
· Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course or applicable experience working in IV Therapy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience when required by site practice.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and/or cardiac sonography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as PACS.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Click to be redirected to our company page and apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.64-$40.69 per hour