Named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the financial services industry, Opus Fund Services is an award winning global fund administrator seeking experienced, dynamic professionals to join our team.
We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company, focused on our mission to be the best and most innovative firm in the industry. Our culture rewards smart, passionate people who thrive on excellence and creativity; individuals looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded at Opus.
Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. Be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Halifax, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Enniscorthy, Manila, and Bermuda.
The Fund Accounting team in Halifax is recruiting a full-time Senior Fund Accountant.Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Fund Accounting, the Senior Fund Accountant supports the expanding global fund accounting shared service team.
- Preparation and review of NAV calculations, operating in line with agreed procedures and policies;
- interaction with overseas fund accounting teams, either through performing work to support their deliverables, or overseeing the preparation of work carried out on your behalf;
- assisting in the preparation of audited financial statements and annual audits;
- active participation in initiatives to assist the team in achieving its goal of creating timely and accurate NAV reporting to all clients through a scalable and control focused model;
- supervision and training of fund accountants on all aspects of NAV processes;
- assisting in the preparation of regulatory reporting for the relevant authorities.
- third level qualification (minimum 2.2 degree), qualified or part-qualified accountant or other relevant qualification;
- minimum of 2 years’ fund accounting or financial reporting experience required;
- proven experience in calculating, reviewing and delivering NAV calculations within tight deadlines, and in-depth knowledge of NAV processes;
- understanding of financial reporting requirements;
- strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy;
- strong organisational skills with a focus on time management and meeting deadlines;
- sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- highly developed personal communication skills, both written and verbal;
- you thrive in an environment where to stand still is to fall behind.
- Competitive pay and benefits
Please note that we are not able to provide visa sponsorship.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- calculating NAVs for alternative investment funds: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)