The Alberta Machine Intelligence Institute (Amii) inspires world-changing machine intelligence for good and for all.
One of Canada’s three main institutes for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, our world-renowned researchers drive fundamental and applied research at the University of Alberta (and other academic institutions), training some of the world’s top scientific talent. Our team of Machine Learning Scientists, Educators and Project Managers work collaboratively with Alberta-based businesses and organizations to build AI capacity and translate scientific advancement into industry adoption and economic impact.
As an Amii Machine Learning Project Manager, you’ll use your business and project management skills to play a pivotal role in facilitating excellent relationships with Amii’s clients. You’ll bridge the gap between business and technical expertise while focusing your skills on planning and executing client engagements. Using your strong communication skills, you will keep all stakeholders and team members well informed on project progress and performance. You’ll connect cross-functional teams at Amii to empower our clients with the knowledge and skills to advance along the spectrum of AI adoption.
- Concurrently manage several Amii client engagements while nurturing and maintaining healthy partnerships and relationships with clients.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end project deliverables and outcomes while managing and exceeding client expectations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of partner needs and work to coordinate internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of client engagements.
- Manage all project and client engagement aspects, such as dates, budgets, performance indicators, progress reports, contract agreements, and invoicing.
- Work with a client company’s leadership team to assess project opportunities and rank projects according to value, impact and risk.
- Facilitate communication and maintain strong relationships with all project stakeholders and team members.
- Collaborate with the Investment & Partnerships, Machine Learning Science and Education teams to determine the correct approach for prospects and projects, and order of operations.
- Capture project outputs, track project deliverables glean insights/best practices/lessons learned and assess outcomes.
- Present Amii’s offerings at company-sponsored events as well as within the community.
- Collaborate with other team members to discover and develop new valuable programs for Amii’s clients.
- Stay up to date on recent advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence and understand where these methodologies can be applied as solutions to a client’s problem.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Science (Master’s Preferred).
- PMP Certificate is an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in industry managing software or technology projects or research activities.
- Experience working in the health or agriculture domains is an asset.
- Experience managing key client relationships with senior business leaders.
- Experience in presenting in front of groups.
- Experience in strategic planning, business case development.
- Understanding of ML and AI (e.g. understand the difference between Data Analytics and Machine Learning).
- Ability to travel within Alberta 20-30% of the time.
- Ability to succinctly and effectively communicate complicated technical issues
What you’ll love about us:
- A professional yet casual work environment that encourages the growth and development of your skills.
- A chance to learn from amazing teammates who support one another to succeed.
- Competitive compensation including paid time off and flexible health benefits.
- A modern office located in downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then please don’t wait to apply, as we have lots of awesome projects that we're starting soon! To apply, please send your resume and cover letter indicating why you think you'd be a fit for Amii.
Amii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and excellent workforce.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19