Benefits effective immediately.
Days: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Afternoons: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Midnights: 11:00pm - 7:30am
The Tool and Die Maker is primarily responsible for modifying, repairing and troubleshooting dies, tools, jigs and fixtures while working to very close tolerances from blueprints, sketches and samples. Tool & Die Maker will also be responsible for training Tool and Die apprentices as needed.
- Performs tool repair and construction tasks using personal tools and metal cutting machines and tools provided by the company based on direction from the Tool Room Manager using the provided stamping tool designs.
- Documents all the die/tooling suggestions and reports them to the Tool Room Manager to adjust in design.
- Bring the tool to the stage of tryout and, along with the tryout leader, commence the in-die press tryout process.
- Effectively communicates with all company personnel to function as a team player along with their apprentices.
- Follows all company Health & Safety procedures.
- Seeks opportunities for Continuous Improvement.
- Trains new apprentices in the metal cutting and stamping die construction and assembly.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Tool and Die Certification
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- Five (5) years’ experience repairing, building, servicing and improving stamping dies in an automotive production environment
- Good understanding of Algebra and Geometry
- Ability to read and understand the product and tooling blueprints and GD&T
- Able to operate Tool Room equipment effectively and safely
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oldcastle, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- In Die Repair: 2 years (preferred)
- Tool and Die Maker: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person