The Condair Group has been the world's leading manufacturer and provider of complete solutions in the areas of humidification and evaporative cooling products for more than 70 years. With sales operations in 19 countries and distributors in over 50 locations worldwide, Condair sets industry standards with regard to energy efficiency and hygienic solutions.
Condair is currently hiring for its Ottawa, Ontario location:
HVAC Mechanical Assembler/Tester
The HVAC Mechanical Assembler and tester is familiar with mechanical HVAC structural and architectural disciplines and is responsible for assembly, testing and or troubleshooting HVAC and plumbing systems devices and appliances as instructed by management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Testing and verifying system reading ensuring optimal system operation.
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and sub-assemblies to form completed system.
- Read and work from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures.
- Use hand and power tools as well as material handling equipment to fit and install parts and sub-assemblies.
- Complete tasks on schedule and according to established quality standards.
- Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
- High School and/or a post-secondary education in mechanics, electrical or certificate in related studies.
- Good comprehension in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals. Ability to understand basic instruction and communicate accordingly.
- Ability to apply common sense to common and routine problems.
- Basic, add subtract and multiply two digit numbers
- WHMIS and Safety Worker Awareness Training an asset
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work, set targets and make decisions; ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk majority of the time
- Use hands and fingers to operate power tools and manipulate small pieces and fittings
- Reach with hands and arms and bend at twist torso for material handling, to operate machinery, and assemble products
- Occasionally required to climb ladders, kneel, stoop and crouch for material handling and assemble products
- Must regularity lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
The employee is regularly exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts.
- Is seasonally exposed to inside temperatures that is not air conditioned and may be warm and/or humid.
- Nose levels are moderate in most areas; hearing protection is required in designated areas where nose levels are high.
Competition closes July 19, 2019. Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Condair is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent