CHAITONS LLP is a mid-sized law firm, located in North Toronto with a substantial lending and recovery practice. We offer a congenial work environment, state-of-the-art technology and competitive salary and benefits. Positions are currently available in our busy Mortgage Enforcement Department for Legal Assistants and Law Clerks.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working on secured mortgage files on behalf of financial institutions;
- Preparation of demand letters, notices of sale, statements of claim, default judgment, motion records, writs of possession, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required;
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution;
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Experience with DRN and Litigation/Collection Highway a definite asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
Chaitons LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Chaitons LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mortgage Enforcement: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person