16 Week Canada Summer Student (or recent Grad) Grant Position: 35 hours per week
The Prosserman JCC’s Vision & Purpose:
At our core, we believe in inspiring people to live the Jewish lives they want to live. Our dynamic team is guided by our mission: to build and sustain a caring and vibrant community hub that is welcoming to all and based on a solid foundation of Jewish values and with a strong connection to Israel.
Although our physical doors have been closed since March 16, 2020, we have launched Virtual J and created an innovative platform to keep our community engaged in exercise, learning from topical thought-leaders, participating in dynamic programs and Jewish and Israeli Culture connection and holiday celebrations. Check out https://virtualjcc.com/.
We recently received funding from the Canada Summer Student Grant program and are delighted to be able to offer a media or journalism student or recent grad a contract position with our Virtual J team:
The Right Content Copywriter:
At your core, you're a creative writer, with a passion and flair for capturing the right message. You are detail oriented and have a strong drive for results and a demonstrated positive track record in content copywriting. You are able to work remotely with a fast-paced small team and a flexible schedule. Jewish culture, traditions, and a connection to Israel are part of your DNA and evident in your passionate and friendly interactions and drive to build Jewish Community through your contributions to Virtual J. Key skills which will make you a successful candidate include:
· Broadcast/Media writing, script writing and copywriting for web, social and video is a must (description of livestreams, bios, marketing pushes and social media)
· Broadcast Journalism background would be a huge asset for this candidate
· Strong Content writing for Social Media marketing, Facebook events, live stories and content other platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
· Able to work with production team and ensure proper messaging is used in graphics, partnered streams and marketing
· Knowledge of Microsoft office Suites is a must (asset if fluent in excel)
· Able to create/write content for E-blast initiatives
How to Apply:
We welcome all applicants. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. If you are interested in and well qualified for this exciting opportunity please submit your resume in confidence via e-mail no later than July 15, 2020to Jeanette Hyde.
Please submit 2 examples of your content copywriting work that you are most proud of.
We appreciate your application, however we will only be contacting the candidates we wish to interview.
Job Type: Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19