Libraries build community.
At RPL, we’re on a mission to provide Regina residents with opportunities for discovery and learning in an inclusive, customer-centred, and safe environment — and we could use your help.
Under the supervision of the unit head, the Page performs various duties related to physical maintenance of the library collections including shelving, conducting inventory, and pulling specified items for holds or withdrawal. Sets up rooms for programs and undertakes minor cleaning of public areas and equipment.
1. Sort, shelve and shelf read library materials. Run and reconcile request pull list and trace reports.
2. Pull library materials identified for weeding, as instructed. Process withdrawn materials and maintain branch book sale area.
3. Conduct inventory of collections.
4. Empty bins and book drops. Pack and label outgoing bins.
5. Set up room for programs.
6. Minor cleaning of public areas and equipment. Replenish paper supply in copiers and printers.
7. Answer or direct patron queries where appropriate.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Grade 10 education.
2. Ability to organize materials following numerical and alphabetical sequences.
3. Physically fit and able to perform the requirements of the position.
4. Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent, high quality customer service.
5. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public and staff and to work as a member of a team.
6. Oral and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
Closing Date: November 15, 2021
Competition #79/21 - position #21202
Regina Public Library is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the community that we serve. The Library welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Regina Public Library employees are required to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test every seven days.
Job Type: Part-time