As an Electrical Estimator, you are a seasoned professional with a well-established career in your trade. You are a multi-tasker who has a gained the reputation of managing challenging time frames and deadlines effectively while also maintaining attention to the details of each project. You have great interpersonal and communication skills that enable you to maintain excellent working relationships with staff, clients, suppliers and consultants.
- Understand and analyze drawings, scope and specifications.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Provide clear detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize subcontractors’ quotations & ensure quotes meet contract requirements.
- Maintain relationships with clients, vendors, engineers and subcontractors.
- Review cost break outs from estimates and for project progress.
- Meet with potential clients to discuss options for proposed projects and services.
- Prepare handover packages to communicate estimate details to those executing the work
- Review efficiency and accuracy of estimates and proposals.
- Continuing Education to expand knowledge base regarding estimating practices and software.
You and Your Experience:
- Experience in the ICI building sectors of the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and/or design programs is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Position requires a valid drivers license
- Graduate from recognized engineering, architectural or construction management program is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the construction field in similar or related position.
Please note that we are willing to train a potential candidate who has relevant electrical experience/knowledge and the ability to learn the estimating process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- estimating: 3 years (Preferred)