Park Paving Ltd has been locally owned and operated in the Edmonton are for over 40 years, and we are looking to hire TRAFFIC FLAGGERS for the 2020 construction season.
These are seasonal positions that offers a competitive wage with benefits.
The primary duties for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Slowing, releasing, alternating, and stopping, traffic, either alone or as part of a traffic control group/system.
- Manually moving barricades that are already in place, setting up barricades (under the direction of a supervisor)
- Cleaning up construction rubble and debris.
- Ensuring and assisting the safe movement of vehicles onto site, and off of, the job site. This includes acting as a spotter for both company vehicles and equipment, and third-party vehicles.
Successful candidates will thrive in an outdoor and physically demanding work environment. They will also posses a valid driver’s license and have their own reliable transportation to get to various worksites. Successful candidates will also be able to maintain a safety-minded and high accountability work culture while working with their direct supervisors, and other employees, and the general public, in a positive and respectful manner.
EXPERIENCE IS AN ASSET, BUT WE ARE ALSO WILLING TO TRAIN
*** Successful candidates must pass a medical/fitness exam as a condition of employment. ***
The approximate start date for employment is June 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Road Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Traffic Flagging: 1 year (Preferred)