Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER – MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES!
MAY BENNETT CENTRE
RELIEF PART TIME (0.85 FTE)
We are currently seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in Kelowna Home Support. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
At this time we have MULTIPLE PERMANENT AND TEMPORARY PART TIME VACANCIES available. Current opportunities include:
- Temporary Part Time Day shift (07:00 to 15:30, 07:00 to 13:30) 0.71FTE (central Kelowna area)
- Temporary Part Time Evening shift (15:30 to 22:30, 16:00 to 22:00) 0.64 FTE (Rutland and Lake Country area)
- Temporary Part Time Evening/Night shift (15:30 to 22:00, 23:00 to 07:00) 0.85 FTE (Rutland and Lake Country area)
- Permanent Part Time Evening shift (15:00 to 22:00, 16:00 to 22:00) 0.67 FTE (West Kelowna)
- 2 Temporary Part Time Evening shift (15:00 to 22:00, 16:00 to 22:00) 0.67 FTE (West Kelowna)
- Temporary Part Time Day shift (07:00 to 15:30, 07:00 to 13:30) 0.63 FTE (South Kelowna area)
- Temporary Part Time Night shift (22:30 to 06:30) 0.73 FTE (Central Kelowna)
Please feel free to indicate your preference in your application!
Permanent positions offer our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension! In the temporary lines, successful candidates will qualify for benefits after 6 months. There are lots of opportunities to join the team!
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day! If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Kelowna Home Support team is the place for you. Apply today!
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
- Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*