As an important member of the District 11 Management team, the Supervisor is responsible for ensuring profit maximization through employee coordination and motivation. An inspirational leader to those working with him/her, who uses good judgement and strategic and successful business management. The Supervisor achieves goals by adhering to company policies and procedures and by being a strong and respected role model to all team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Training, Coaching and Development:
- Provide training and orientation to new District 11 employees. As well as ongoing and effective training and coaching to all store level employees so that they can successfully execute their jobs.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, counsel and effectively resolve team performance issues through consistent effective coaching, performance improvement and development plans.
- Promote a respectful workplace environment, working as a team, addressing and resolving issues that arise.
- Ensure management of employee compliance with company policies (eg dress code, cell phone) in accordance with District 11 discipline policies.
- Be knowledgeable in, and use all available training resources to maximum benefit.
- Actively participate in his/her own training by putting into practice what has been learned.
- Participate in the annual assessment process (Performance Review) for store employees, including providing assessment feedback and delivering assessments.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Ensure customers have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience by providing friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Encourage additional sales by offering 'add-ons' to each customer’s purchase.
- Ensure optimal customer service is provided by sales associates, through consistent and fair on floor, coaching and development.
- Respond appropriately to customer inquiries and concerns. Make decisions, whenever possible, in favor of the customer.
- Ensure the store is tidy, clean and organized at all times. (including the stockroom and staff room)
- Project professionalism and company image in both attitude and attire by adhering to dress code practices.
- Other duties as assigned by Management/Supervisor.
- Effectively utilize time management skills, by reacting with a sense of speed and urgency to get the job done promptly and efficiently, while meeting company objectives, within a set timeline. (eg. Visual merchandising, employee development plans).
- Complete schedules as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Assign and distribute duties to employees.
- Maintain the employee Requested time off Calendar.
- Maintain Employee Availability forms.
Sales and Wage Cost:
- Implement direction given by the Store Manager.
- Assist in achieving store budgets (eg. Daily/Weekly/Monthly sales goals, Wage Cost).
- Support employees in meeting individual and store sales objectives.
- Provide support to ensure successful inventory management.
- Manage the 'on call' process including determining which employees are to be called in for additional shifts or sent home during slow periods.
- Ensure visual merchandising strategies are implemented as per Management direction within the required time frame.
- Support ongoing, effective maintenance of visual merchandising standards in the store. (eg. visual changes, pricing strategies and markdowns)
- Actively contribute to achieving shrink target.
- Ensure loss prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and external losses.
- Conduct employee bag checks at the end of each employees shift.
- Notify the store Manager of any loss prevention related concerns.
- Physically demanding work in the store environment.
- Standing on your feet for an extended period of time.
- Lifting and ladder climbing required.
- Previous retail, or retail management experience an asset.
Related Work Skills:
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking ability.
- People person, with a strong ability to communicate with customers and employees.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment.
District 11 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. District 11 will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)