The mission for the estimator is to collect and analyze data to estimate how much it will cost to provide products and services to our customers. After the sale and/or completion of the product or service, it’s the estimators job to determine estimated versus actual costs in regards to time, materials, equipment, and labour. This all must be done in a timely manner as there are strict deadlines associated with this job.
· Reach sales and profit targets set out by management
· Prepare quantity takeoffs of probable costs of time, materials, labour, and equipment
· Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work
· Attend jobsite meetings to prepare accurate estimates
· Review all contracts and accepted quotations throughout project stages and after completion
· Develop and maintain long-term relationships with all stakeholders
· Consult and communicate with project managers, installers, fabricators, architects, engineers and clients involved at all levels of a project
- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
· Analytical Skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Adjust and copes with complexity and change
· Organization and Planning
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner
· Work Ethic
- Willingness to work hard and sometimes longer hours to get the job done
· Open to Criticism and ideas
- Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism
- Reaches out to coworkers to collaborate and understand their needs
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in estimating
- Read and interpret blue prints, specifications, structural drawings, shop drawings and all schedules as to understand architectural intent
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Acara Glass & Aluminum offers a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as a great work environment. If you’re interested in this opportunity, please provide your resume with references and salary expectations by May 7th, 2021 to the following:
Or drop off at 1415 Ontario Avenue, Saskatoon, SK.
Thank you in advance for your interest in our Company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2021-05-17
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Estimating: 2 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place