Design, code and test web-based and other applications. Perform needs analyses and assessments to determine systems methodology best suited to end-user goals.
- Assist in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation and maintenance of websites and web applications.
- Participate in analysis of requirements and assist in producing website and web application technical specifications.
- Follow all architectural and security standards, policies and guidelines of Government of Alberta when building websites and web applications.
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing and performance testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting websites and web applications issues in any environment.
- Assist in optimizing website and web application content including graphics, databases and animation.
- Assist in optimizing performance of websites and web applications.
- Create or update existing websites and web applications, support documentation for assigned websites and web applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment.
- Assist in managing, maintaining, development and system test environments required to maintain the application.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of all recommended websites and web application architecture, development standards and guidelines.
- Provide tracking, reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Applicant must meet or exceed one of the following:
- 5 years experience developing applications using Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 or higher and Microsoft C# 4.0 or higher. (All technologies much be demonstrated)
- 5 years experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- 4 years experience with software development processes, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, and policies
- 3 years experience developing and maintaining WebAPI applications and services
- 3 years experience developing for Umbraco Content Management System
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline and 4-yr Application Developer (AD) experience; OR
- 2-yr diploma in computer science or a related discipline and 5-yr AD experience; OR
- 1-yr certificate in a related discipline and 6-yr AD experience; OR
- a currently active professional certification or accreditation in a related discipline and 7-yr AD experience.