Mercana is growing and looking for additional Sales Account Managers who will sell and manage the needs of customers. Based out of our office in Surrey, you’ll work within a team responsible for a specific geographical location. Reporting to a Sales Manager within that territory, you will be responsible for managing an established customer base while growing new leads. We are business to business (B2B) selling to Interior Designers, Big Box Stores, Furniture Stores, Gift Stores and Boutiques. Our customers are across Canada, the United States and around the world. This is an opportunity to build rapport with a solid base of existing buyers while developing new clientele. In addition, you will be part of travelling to trade shows in Toronto, Atlanta, Las Vegas and High Point.
Thinking of a career change? Some of our most successful team members have strong backgrounds in Interior Design, Merchandising/Staging, and Retail Sales. We are a service first sales company, letting our products speak for themselves. We use custom software to help make our website and order experience best in class.
- Meet or exceed sales budgets and metrics within your geographical location and team.
- Be comfortable reaching out to new prospects on a reasonable but frequent basis.
- Understanding current and prospective customers’ business issues, communication needs and buying motives
- Understands forecasting customers product mix
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and expertise in products and categories
- Developing the right solution for clients’ evolving business requirements with a customer first approach.
- Represent Mercana Furniture and Decor in a professional manner with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Build trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
- Share your ideas by actively participating and fulfill required sales administrative duties (CRM) to support your role.
- Attend Trade shows building rapport with new and existing buyers in your territory and others on behalf of fellow colleagues. Travel to trade shows up to 6 times per year and 4-6 days each show depending on show’s operational needs.
- Travel to visit key customers and territories when required.
- Prepare sale plans and quotation data reports on a monthly basis
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Highly motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Experience with trade show or retail floor management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, ability to work in as a team player.
- Ability to work at both sales and operational levels.
- Degree in business administration or higher.
- Multitasker and fast paced.
- Highly skilled with presentation-based selling.
- Results oriented, deal maker, problem solver.
- French or Spanish are an asset but not required.
- Proficient with CRM tools and other sales technology.
- Ability to understand and use basic management accounting
Mercana is one of North America’s leading home furnishings wholesalers, with interior designer and retail partners around the globe. As a “design-first” company, we produce unique pieces for the home each season; most noteworthy wall art, furniture, lighting and home decor accessories.
Simply put, we provide a wholesale buying experience as unique as our products. Above all, we are dedicated, enjoy what we do and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
What’s in it for you?
At Mercana, we want to ensure that we are continually investing in our greatest resource – our people. We hope to make your employment experience with us the best it can be with employee perks and benefits that contribute to a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle for you and your family.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive base salary (depending on experience) plus bonus based on sales and CRM target achievement.
- Company funded events (virtual and in person)
- Tons of opportunities to advance your career (80% of promotional hires are made within!)
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for Mercana staff
- Annual performance incentives offered based on overall company objectives being met
- Subsidized training and education
- Extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
- A dynamic work environment with a great group of people
Base salary (negotiable depending on experience) plus bonus based on territory target achievement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: