Location: Anywhere in Canada (remote)
Salary: Income is derived from a combination of provincial and private funding opportunities
About Psychotherapy Matters:
Founded in 2015, Psychotherapy Matters (PM) was built by and for psychiatrists.
As a Virtual Psychiatric Consultant, you'll have the opportunity to be part of PM’s mission to deliver easy to access, patient-centred, collaborative care. Our goal is to empower psychiatrists so that they can perform at the highest level.
We offer the best telepsychiatry experience.
Psychotherapy Matters (PM) provides an innovative solution to the disorganized and isolating nature of telepsychiatry. We are seeking the services of permanent part-time to full-time psychiatrists to provide virtual, consultative mental health care in collaboration with psychotherapists and primary care providers across Canada.
If you join the Psychotherapy Matters (PM) team, you will have autonomy, flexibility and the ability to help a larger geographical area than in-person psychiatry allows. The PM team will assist you in completing any required administrative tasks, so you don’t have to spend hours faxing and phoning! You get to focus on delivering the best care to your patients.
This is why you wanted to be a psychiatrist in the first place!
The Physician must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Within the framework of Psychotherapy Matters Virtual Clinic model of collaborative care, virtually assess patients to diagnose the nature and extent of mental health disorders.
- Recommend treatments and further investigations in collaboration with primary care providers and other allied health professionals.
- Provide insight, guidance and recommendations to therapists who are delivering psychotherapy and case-management.
- Prepare and submit succinct consult reports and summaries.
Skills – Ability – Experience:
- Excellent communication, and interprofessional collaboration skills.
- Enthusiasm about collaborative care and the ability to flexibly adapt to a virtual team-based model of care.
Education – Certification – License:
- Medical degree and registration in good standing with any of the Provincial or Territorial Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons
- Certification in Psychiatry and registration with The Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
Before applying, please familiarize yourself with Psychotherapy Matters' website and mission www.psychotherapymatters.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings