Bookmark Content and Communications is looking for a Creative Director to join our team at either our Montreal or Toronto office!
Bookmark is a full-service global marketing agency that combines content and communications to create multi-platform programs for luxury and lifestyle brands, such as Air Canada, Lindt and Tourism Toronto. Our content is distributed in more than 180 countries worldwide; we pride ourselves on our understanding of local cultures on a global platform.
As our Creative Director you'll be responsible in ensuring that you and the team deliver best-in-class work to our clients and their audiences. You have a robust tool kit of proven design skills that stretch from video to installations to social to digital product design but are also intensely curious about experimentation and applying your expertise to new platforms and forms of content. Working in partnership with the VP of Content and Creative Strategy, you will lead, motivate and mentor our talented art team, while also bringing in a rich roster of freelancers to enhance and complement our in-house capabilities. You have a magpie’s approach to the world, constantly seeking out ideas and imagining innovative ways to evolve our creative work and meet our clients’ objectives. You are a strategic storyteller and art director who can effortlessly move a project from concept to creation, jumping in at every stage to bring in the right talent and ensure creative excellence. Some travel may be required.
- Minimum five year’ experience leading an art or multidisciplinary team
- Art direction portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence and a strong aesthetic sense across media (video, web, social, print, experiential)
- Understanding of marketing, social and digital strategy and, ideally, print production
- A love for building stellar content across channels to surprise and engage audiences
- Experience delivering clear, concise and inspiring creative briefs to internal and external teams
- Ability to come up with a strategic approach in response to a brief that meets our clients’ business goals
- Experience developing brand guidelines and other visual style guides for consistency and polish
- At ease working with and presenting to clients
- A visual thinker who can quickly relay ideas through sketches and storyboards
- A collaborative attitude, driven by team rather than personal success
- Ability to navigate challenges creatively without breaking a sweat
- A strong sense of how to balance brand, advertiser and audience needs
- Proven ability to generate stylish visual content that is on point and ahead of trends
- At ease building alignment as the key relationship lead with senior leadership and internal stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and senior administrative skills, including the ability to work within and track budgets
Reporting: VP, Content and Creative Strategy
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time