Job title :
PROJECT MANAGER, SUPPORT SERVICES, PATIENT CHOICE MEAL SERVICE
PROJECT POSITION FULL TIME
We are looking for a Project Manager, Support Services to fill this temporary role until approximately July 2021.
The Project Manager is responsible for the design, development, monitoring to implement the Patient Choice Meal Service at PRH, KGH, VJH, RIH, KBRH and EKRH to replace the Dinex Retherm equipment. The manager will also be a key resource for other IH sites as they transition to Patient Choice Meal Service.
The Project Manager interfaces with key stakeholders in IH and externally in order to ensure optimal consultation and involvement to ensure successful implementation.
This role will manage a cross-functional project team to design, plan and implement the new food service delivery model at the 6 sites. This is a multi-year, multi-site project where the manager will be responsible for the cross-functional team including IMIT and food services and the larger stakeholder group including Plant Services, Dieticians, Clinicians, Physicians, Patients/Residents and their families.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and implements food service delivery model with patient choice at each of the key sites. Acts as a resource for other sites as they work on implementing PCMS at their sites.
- Monitors and reports on key deliverables
- Develops and manages project timelines and reports out to Regional Manager and other key leaders. Identifies and escalates issues. Manages workload and staffing to resolve issues.
- Ensures collaborative working relationship by engaging stakeholders ie: support services, IMIT, plant services, dieticians, clinicians, physicians and external partners such as patients, resident and their families.
- Applies strategic thinking in the allocation of scare resources and designs that supports environmental considerations.
- Coordinates and manages aspects of the designated projects within Support Services and IH to ensure consistency of practice, procedure, and evaluation of outcomes, where appropriate.
- Adheres to IH policies and procedures as well as relevant provincial or national legislation
- Prepares reports and decision briefs for the Regional Manager, Support Services based on assigned projects / initiatives.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Demonstrates personal initiative in the completion of assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Capabilities:Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Project Management, Human Resources, or a health-related field,
- Formal project management training, courses or designation is preferable
- 5 years of experience as a health professional in a healthcare setting with experience in program development, implementation, marketing, and evaluation, including project management experience with similar scope and complexity equivalent to a healthcare environment or service delivery system.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous related experience in a large organization is preferable.
- Registration with the appropriate professional organization, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
- Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
- System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
- Working knowledge of program development, implementation, and performance measures.
- Ability to analyze and problem-solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing all communication vehicles.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work within an environment subject to continuously changing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a personal computer and applicable software applications.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations, provincial legislation, policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements, or ability to quickly source and interpret information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project planning.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to Travel within IH