PATRIA is currently hiring LINE COOKS to join our Culinary team!
PATRIA is an authentic Spanish tapas eatery on King Street West. Listed as one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants by Toronto Life, our carefully crafted extensive menu features dishes such as delicately prepared crispy jamon croquettes and traditional paellas. Seafood is a staple of Spanish cuisine, and PATRIA showcases an ever-changing selection of only the freshest fish, octopus, and shrimp, sourced daily. PATRIA is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand, which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the LINE COOK is responsible for safely preparing dishes required for a full-service restaurant. The ideal candidate must have previous kitchen experience and be motivated by a desire to progress in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for preparing food for service in a premium restaurant
· Prep (chopping, peeling, cutting) and stock cooking station with all the necessary ingredients and equipment
· Execute dishes with accuracy, speed, and detail; adhering to the recipes provided by the Chef de Cuisine; emphasis on presentation and garnishing
· Ascertain the quality and freshens of products
· Monitor stock and log shortages as required
· Keep a clean workstation,18 including equipment and utensils; understand and abide by Health & Safety standards and Food Safe requirements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum 3+ years related experience as a line cook
· Food Handling and Health & Safety training, an asset
· Skilled in various cooking methods; grilling, frying, sautéing
· Proficient in other culinary skills such as chopping, preparing mise en place, etc.
· Strong knife skills and workable knowledge of kitchen equipment
· Solid understanding of standard measurements and portions
· Energetic with a passion for food and a positive outlook
· Able to follow oral and written instructions
· Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism; (i.e. punctuality, dedication, well-groomed, mannerly)
· Excellent team player; camaraderie with all team members, BOH and FOH
· Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings and nights
WHY WORK FOR US?
· Competitive Wages
· Discounts at all ICONINK Restaurants
· Corporate Goodlife Fitness Rates
· FUN Team and Culture
· Training, Development and Education Reimbursement
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
COVID screening process in place for employees; all customers are required to wear a mask; take-out available.
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and have a valid SIN?
- Are you located in Toronto, On?
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)