Job Title: Company City P & D AZ (Class 1) Driver
Department: Terminal Thunder Bay, On
Reports to: Terminal Manager
The local City P & D Driver is responsible for completing all types of local freight deliveries and pickups. Work and cooperate with all external and internal customers to ensure a high level of customer service. Complete all paperwork as required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform efficient local pickups and deliveries in the terminal service area
- Safely operate and perform routine checks of all trailers used
- Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
- Cooperate with all customers to maintain a high level of customer service
- Open/Close trailer doors, hook/unhook trailers (cranking dollies), climb in and out of tractor, load and unload freight and drive
- Supports all Safety & Health initiatives for the safety of all drivers, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
- Perform other duties as required to support City Dispatch and fellow drivers
- Schedule: Wednesday to Sunday
Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work. Valid Class 1 or AZ Driver’s License with air brake endorsement in good standing. Experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities. Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision. Employees must commit to perform all work in a safe manner and comply with all Gardewine safe work policies, practices and procedures.
Lifting 50-75 lbs of freight, pushing/pulling 50-75 lbs of freight. Cranking trailer dollies (requires approximately 50 lbs of force). Periods of sitting required while driving and climbing into and out of truck cab or trailer several times per day.
To Apply on line go to: http://www.drivergarde.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)