Nature's Fare Markets is hiring a Human Resources Assistant to join our team at the Vernon, BC Head Office location.
Good People, Good Food
Do you love healthy, organic products?
Want to work in a fun environment that helps you grow and thrive?
Come to work at Nature's Fare Markets.
Our BC rooted stores, grounded in an unshakeable commitment to sustainability, offer the healthiest, natural and organic foods and supplements in seven communities in southern BC. In fact, our consistently high standards have earned us many awards and recognitions - including Retailer of the Year by the Canadian Health Food Association an unprecedented six times. We proudly support the communities in which we live and play and believe in becoming a source for good.
None of this is possible without the team of people who work here, full time and part time. You’ll find that we’re a different kind of company: we put our employees’ needs first, encourage innovation and creativity, and have fun on the job. We offer highly competitive wages and great benefits including sweet staff discounts, educational opportunities and a health spending account.
Come and help us build a better world together. Let’s be better together.
We would love to hear from applicants who understand how to deliver great service and have fun doing work that matters. If you enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, love organic and natural products and appreciate the opportunity to support other people’s health and wellbeing, we want to know more about you.
You check all the boxes if:
Some things you should know about us is:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like building programs from the ground up
- You love building relationships and networking with others
- You are passionate about educating others so they can apply the teachings in their everyday life
- You are optimistic and open to new ideas or challenges that may come your way
- You can easily adapt to shifting priorities and needs
- You pride yourself on your communication skills that are based on an open, collaborative and solution-focused mindset
- We expect our people to lead by example by promoting wellness, mindfulness and movement throughout our week.
- We start our day by connecting about our personal lives before moving into our professional lives.
- We appreciate involving our teams in the decision-making process before we move forward with programs and initiatives.
- We are collaborative and don’t mind getting our hands dirty with the rest of the team.
- We take our job seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- We are notorious for email responses containing funny memes, sharing in a high-five to celebrate a win and occasionally breaking into dance when the mood strikes.
- What makes us successful is we are dedicated, care about the mission of our company and the people that are our reason for being, and we’re not afraid to ask for help.
As a Human Resources Assistant, you take both a hands on and a strategic approach to addressing Nature’s Fare’s priority of being an employee centric organization. This role supports all department initiatives and programs by providing administrative support, coorinating with employees and managers, and collaborating with the HR team on upcoming goals.The primary priorities of this role will be focused on recruitment, training, team building and health & safety.
You can expect to:
- Provide administrative support for all aspects of the recruiting process, including:
Creating job postings for open positions when necessary
Reviewing applications found in the HRIS
Coordinating interviews for hiring managers
Drafting employment contracts
Managing communication process for optimal applicant experience
Assisting with reference checks when necessary
Qualifications we’re looking for in an assistantt:
- Assist, collaborate and provide administrative support for training programs and initiatives.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing HR social events
- Assist with maintaining WCB files and reports
- Assist with drafting monthly OH&S committee topics
- Assist with advising managers on WCB claim process
- Draft memos and letters including contracts, internal memos, promotion or position change letters, progressive discipline letters, and letters of termination
- Update templates and forms
- Update current policies and procedures when necessary
- Update job description as needed
- Upload documents to HRIS
- Disburse documents for signature and track responses
- Support in an administrative capacity on all HR projects
You should also know that:
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in human resources management or business administration
- Experience in a retail environment considered an asset
- This position requires occasional travel to all 7 store locations across the Okanagan and on the coast.
- This position works in an open work environment with other members of the HR team
- This is a dog friendly environment
Did you check all the boxes above? Then you must be awesome and should definitely apply to email@example.com .
Nature's Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we strive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. All applications will be reviewed and considered. We thank all applicants yet only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For other exciting opportunities, please visit our career page at https://www.naturesfare.com/join-our-team/
Nature's Fare Markets
Jun 10, 2020