The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc. - EGADZ requires individuals interested in part time or casual positions for our “My Homes” youth housing program.
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
The My Homes Program provides supportive residential services for hard to serve youth who have been involved in at risk & high risk lifestyles. My Homes staff provide flexible support for the full variety of situations which arise in the youths' daily lives. The ideal candidates are non judgmental, compassionate and are able to build trusting relationships with youth.
- Post secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both
- Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with youth, staff and partnering agencies and maintain strict confidentiality and appropriate boundaries
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively in an oral and written form
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows)
- Knowledge of Indigenous cultures and issues
- Class 5 driver’s license that reflects a safe driving record - a Driver's Abstract is required
- Shift work is required, including evenings, weekends and overnight shifts.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.02 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Youth Work: 1 year (preferred)