Location Details: Bramalea City Centre
PostalCode: L6T 3R5
Requisition Number: 5740-086-AMV-FT
Date Opened: March 18, 2022
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Career Level: Manager (Supervisor of staff)
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
THIS COULD BE YOU!
Want to be part of an amazing team? If you’re a vibrant and highly motivated leader with an interest in fashion retail – we want to hear from you.
The Assistant Manager Visual is responsible for overseeing the visual team in executing and maintaining visual
merchandising and selling floor standards, and managing inventory in the stock room.
The Assistant Manager Visual is also responsible for providing sales and customer service leadership to employees and projecting the company's culture and image through strong visual presentation techniques.
In the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager, the Assistant Manager Visual must have the ability to oversee all store operations.
- Partnering with the Store Manager to build a growing team by attracting talent through consistent networking, attending job fairs, encouraging referrals and by scouting the mall;
- Retaining talent by motivating the team, ensuring that employee relations issues are dealt with diplomacy and in a timely manner, providing consistent coaching, developing and encouraging the team;
- Implementing strategies to achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets through executing visual standards;
- Actively participating in store walkthroughs with the Store Manager and District leaders to ensure consistency in the quality of service, operation and visual execution;
- Partnering with the Store Manager to retain and attract talent by motivating the team, monitoring their overall performance and actively sourcing new talent;
- Taking overall ownership of all incoming/outgoing stock shipments, overseeing and leading the stock team and ensuring that the stock room and merchandise flow activities runs efficiently at all times in accordance with store needs;
- Ensuring floor plans and planograms are being carried out and managing the roll-out of all product placement, store fixture layout, visual displays, window execution and mannequins;
- Partnering with the Store Manager to attract and recruit a stock team;
- Complying with all head office requests (through the Ardene intranet communication system) regarding all store operations (i.e.: price points, visual merchandising, marketing, etc.);
- Processing cash/credit/debit purchases at register using a Point of Sale (POS) system;
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring company standards are followed in accordance with the employee manual and creating a climate of trust and respect within the team;
- Performing related duties as directed by the Store Manager;
- Minimum 1-year retail experience in a leadership role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent selling and customer service abilities
- Strong time management, and priority-setting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and take ownership
- Ability to lead a team in a positive and inclusive manner
- Ability to stand for extended periods and climb a ladder;
- Move, lift and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store (weighing up to 30 pounds).
- Days, evenings and weekends.
The average wage for this position is $16.75 per hour.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
What's in it for you?
✓ Fun & fast-paced
✓ Great employee discount
✓ Flexible schedule
✓ Caring leaders
✓ Casual dress code
✓ Limitless opportunity
At Ardene, you’re more than an employee – you’re part of a fun, dynamic and energetic family.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.75 per hour