Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Winter, 4 months
Term Start Date:
January 10th, 2022
Term End Date:
April 22nd, 2022
COVID Vaccination Status / Return to Office:
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
In support of this goal, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to protect the health and well-being of our employees as we continue our phased approach of office reopening. Store Support employees will be required either to be fully vaccinated or undergo regular COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening, paid for by the company, in order to access the workplace.
Does working with some of Canada’s most talented minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology powers some of Canada’s most game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel, and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Site Reliability Engineering Co-op
As a Site Reliability Engineering Co-op, you will be responsible for building and supporting our stores and supply chain infrastructure and services.
Your mandate will be to build products, features and processes which back our internal systems.
You will get to understand how to build resiliency and metric collection from the start and deliver this into the software development process.
What You’ll Do:
What you Bring:
- Design new features, automate deployments, aid in architectural design. You will collaborate with diverse agile teams (i.e. Infrastructure, Information Security, System/Application Development Teams and external partners/vendors) to assist with the implementation of complex innovative features
- Maintain our high-quality code base by performing code reviews, improving test coverage, automation, and general code quality
- Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, coding and infrastructure, and recommending creative solutions for mitigation.
- Determine optimal configurations for application software, application servers, and database connections. I.e. Configure, tune and troubleshoot multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability
- Develop a highly engaged team by being an inclusive coach, mentor, and role model for all team members to help grow and promote our diverse talent pool.
- Passion for software engineering, computer science, computer engineering or related technical field
- Interest in Full Stack Engineering/Development
- Blend of both Development and SRE mindset (i.e. software and infrastructure)
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Type of Contract:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.