Are you a student looking for summer employment and attending post-secondary school in the fall? We are looking for a caring, responsible individual who will be a key part of our client-centered team to assist seniors and physically challenged adults to enable them to remain in their homes safely and independently.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To report to supervisor on a regular basis
- To contact clients and schedule appointments
- To assist seniors with tasks at their home as scheduled, including lawn care, weeding, painting, gardening
- To manage fees, issue receipts, and reconcile payments with the office each day
- To assist with the Adult Day program and Diner’s Club as needed
- To act professionally at all times as a representative of the J.W. MacIntosh Community Support Services
- Ensure all information regarding tenants, clients and the business of J.W. MacIntosh Community Support Services is kept in confidence;
- Other duties as assigned
- Returning to post-secondary institution in the fall (a field of study such as Teaching, Nursing, Physical Therapy, Recreation, Social Work, or Gerontology is considered an asset but not mandatory)
- Experience with seniors or persons with disabilities
- Experience in customer service
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to communicate with clients, volunteers, family members and others in a positive manner
- Valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle for local travel
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and be time efficient
- CPR/First Aid Training an asset
J.W. MacIntosh Community Support Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applications from interested qualified persons will be accepted until noon on July 10th, 2020.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate must obtain a satisfactory current criminal record check at the candidates own expense.
Contract length: 2 months
Application deadline: 2020-07-10
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends