Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary packages.
- Gratuity sharing.
- A comprehensive group benefits program.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Staff dining discount.
- RRSP matching program.
- Discounted ski pass.
Our Pastry Chefs have a proven track record of cooking in a demanding environment as well as experience in recruiting, training, development and overall management of their team. Our Pastry Chefs are hands on with baking and managing their teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates the restaurant's vision to all team members and leads by example. Reinforces the O&B values daily and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the restaurant's future.
- Consistently monitors kitchen operations and cleanliness.
- Builds and maintains relationships with team members and front of house management alike.
- Follows proper ordering, inventory and receiving procedures.
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and cooking.
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant.
- Conducts recruitment and selection, training and development initiatives as well as performance management and employee coaching.
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem solving skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years progressive experience in a pastry capacity
- Knowledge of new trends in presentation and preparation.
- Passion for food & culinary excellence.
- High level of integrity.
- Discipline and vision.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships; strong team leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Reputation for paying fanatical attention to detail.
- Drive and takes initiative.
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Performs well in a performance based culture.
- Is very hands on and motivates by setting the example.
** We thank all applicants for their interest in Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. **
Job Type: Full-time
- Blue Mountains, ON (Preferred)