Shawcor Composite Production Systems (Shawcor) manufactures and sells spoolable composite pipe and poly pipe, used primarily by oil and natural gas producers in applications which benefit from the product’s pressure and corrosion resistance capabilities. We have manufacturing facilities in Calgary, Alberta and Edmonton, Alberta, with additional sales, service and distribution facilities in Northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Texas, Colorado, Utah, California, North Dakota, Pennsylvania and Australia. Shawcor is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
At Shawcor we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. Collaboration and communication are encouraged and good ideas are welcome from all functions and levels in the company.
Why Choose Shawcor?
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Challenging career
- Training & development opportunities
- Incentive compensation program
- Competitive benefit program
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Plan
Shawcor is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our dynamic team in Edmonton, AB. As the Senior Accountant, you are responsible for accurate and timely monthly/quarterly financial reporting, preparation of related monthly reconciliations, disclosure templates, and working papers. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for the supervision of the accounts payable function, monitoring internal control systems and improving processes. In addition, assisting and managing the external audits and assisting with other ad-hoc projects will be required.
Duties & Accountabilities
· Prepare month – end entries and account reconciliations including top-side consolidation entries
· Investigate account variances from budget/ forecast/ trends
· Prepare disclosure templates and other monthly analysis papers required by corporate
· Cash forecasting functions
· Other quarterly or annual reporting duties as necessary
Supervision of AP Function:
· Provide leadership and guidance to the accounts payable coordinators
· Respond to urgent accounts payable queries from the purchasing team (internal and external)
· Ensure key vendors are receiving payments on a timely basis
· Ensure team is on track with day-to-day processing of the invoices
· Review complex accounts payable batches
· Review the set up of the new vendors and accuracy of remittance details (address, bank account numbers, etc.)
Monitor Internal Controls & Processes:
· Identify and suggest implementation of improvements to processes, reporting tools and analysis
· Managing the internal controls work allocation and provide guidance and supervision to the team to
complete required N152-109 tests
External Audit Assistance:
· Assist in the review and preparation papers for the external audit team
· Allocate the requests from the external auditors to the Finance Team
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· CA or CPA Designation from an Accredited Canadian Educational Organization
· Strong understanding of public company reporting and disclosure requirements
· Demonstrated experience in Standard Cost Accounting, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver results under time constraints and a high- pressure environment
- Solid leadership abilities; previous experience in a supervisory or lead role, preferred
· Experience with large, fully integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft AX, Dynamics, IFS), MS Office
- Ability to build strong working relationships with and manage people in all areas of the organization with or without financial backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shawcor is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $86,017.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- How many years experience do you have with public company reporting and disclosure agreements?
- Do you have experience performing a similar role in a manufacturing environment?
- Do you possess a CA or CPA designation?