Pickering Casino Resort is seeking a Barista!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Food and Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and supervisory skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Barista upon opening of Pickering Casino Resort.
Upon opening and under the general direction of Food and Beverage Supervisor, management team and in compliance with Starbucks service & product standards, this position is responsible for preparing and serving quality coffee and other drinks to guests with an upbeat and positive attitude. Above all else, management must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all food and beverage menu items available at Starbucks
- Process all cash and credit card transactions utilizing the P.O.S. system;
- Take guest orders and make recommendations by explaining how menu items are prepared;
- Ensure accurate cash handling and balancing of sales and/or cash float at the end of the shift;
- Identify opportunities to upgrade products and maximize upselling opportunities to increase revenue;
- Attend cash and serve guests in a timely and professional manner;
- Clean tables and customer seating area to ensure cleanliness at Starbucks;
- Welcome and greet guests; answer general inquiries relating to food, beverages and other restaurants on the premise;
- Maintain clean service areas, inventory and stocks shelves as required;
- Report any irregular/suspicious activities, malfunctions and hazards to the supervisor immediately;
- Assist other co-workers as requested;
- Understand and follow opening and closing cashier duties;
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of food preparation areas, counters, refrigerators, and other equipment in the work area;
- Perform preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage equipment as required;
- Adhere to all AGCO, GCGC, departmental and HR policies as they relate to functions of the role;
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Supervisory & Management Team. Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with cash handling and operating a P.O.S System;
- Six (6) months of experience in preparing/serving hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, etc.
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
- Ability to lift 35 lbs;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
- Must be people-focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service;
- Proactive and solution oriented with a drive to succeed;
- Demonstrate strong initiative, active listening and teamwork skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Barista: 1 year (Preferred)