Local companies StepForth and First Dentist (hereto SFD) are looking for a talented junior web designer to create amazing user experiences for in-house designs and Clientele. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have strong user interface design skills.
The successful candidate will be able to work directly with Clients to interpret their desires into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs that conform to search engine guidelines for page speed and load time. They will also have graphic design skills suitable to manipulate imagery for site use and create basic-to-moderately advanced vector graphics when required.
Most importantly, the candidate wants a long-term position with many opportunities for growth, increased salary, and is able to manage others well (future requirement).
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the SEO team and/or web programmers
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders at SFD and the Client
- Utilize SFD’s timekeeping software (Time Doctor) and task-management software (Teamwork) diligently to provide insights into the effective use of paid time.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Create websites with SFD’s aim of providing a final product designed to make its Clients more money or another form of desirable conversion.
- Clearly, communicate with utmost professionalism and timeliness with Clients throughout the design process. Special care is to be given to providing Clients with excellent service and support without going too far and over-extending SFD’s obligations according to the signed Web Design Agreements.
We'd love these, but they shouldn't be roadblocks to an application.
- A strong design portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Experience working with DIVI for WordPress design.
- Experience with personnel management
- A University degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 /year
- Web Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Required)
- English (Required)