Are you a self-proclaimed SolidWorks expert? Are you at your happiest when you get to look for small, but impactful ways, to improve a product or process? Do you like big boats?
AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada is on the hunt for an experienced Draftsperson/ Designers to join our Engineering Team. As the Draftsperson/ Designer, you will be an integral member of our Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of our core product design (doors, windows & hatches for boats). You will use your collaboration and problem-solving skills to work closely with the Engineering team and other departments to take conceptual designs from SolidWorks through to finished production release.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Using a strong competency in SolidWorks to design components and assemblies of core AdvanTec products
- Preparing manufacturing drawings
- Using ERP system to prepare Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Actively participate in design reviews for core products including making suggestions on ways to improve efficiencies
- Setting up test documentation
- Collaborating closely with various departments including Sales, Service & Warranty, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Utilizing excellent communication to liaise with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required
- Using a mechanical aptitude to think about how products and processes work and make suggestions on ways to improve what we do
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Draftsperson/ Designer
- Professional and academic experience using SolidWorks
- Mechanical Engineering or Technologist Diploma
- Certificate in Computer Aided Design (CAD) or equivalent
- Strong team player who collaborates well on a team by sharing ideas and helping others
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of our organization and clients
- Mechanical mindset – you like understanding how things work and thinking of small ways to make them better
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Inquisitive mindset to see discrepancies and seek information to understand
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Experience working with or an interest in Marine is a strong asset!
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) or Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) is an asset
For all our roles, we also look for:
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We have a fantastic bonus program for all staff.
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing Canada. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)