PayPie is a financial technology company that helps accounting advisors put an end to their business clients’ cash flow problems. PayPie enables advisors to project their clients’ cash flow in clear, insightful ways and benefit from custom what-if scenarios to plan ahead and provide value-driven advice for sustainable growth.
PayPie launched its homonymous software in mid-2018, received funding and is growing sustainably. This is an incredibly unique opportunity to join a startup company at the earliest stages to help us scale. You will join a lean team and will learn from a seasoned senior leadership team to help reshape the way businesses manage cash flow.
You will join a small but expanding marketing team, reporting to and working closely with our CMO. You will be responsible for helping to develop business by inbound and outbound lead generation, as well as supporting marketing inbound leads by scheduling demonstrations for accounting and financial stakeholders at accounting firms, bookkeeping firms, business consulting practices, remote CFO companies, etc. As part of our initial marketing team, you will get to be part of and directly shape through your efforts our business development strategy.
We are looking for highly motivated, energetic talent with strong interpersonal skills, an entrepreneurial mentality, and a desire to make an immediate impact for rapid growth. You should thrive in fast-paced and cross-functional environments, be comfortable with change and be excited by generating, converting, and nurturing business leads. We are seeking a focused, out-of-the-box thinker, with creativity and a knack for going the extra mile as our new Marketing Specialist.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Generate and support inbound and outbound leads and grow our top-of-funnel by prospecting for high-value sales leads.
- Help increase conversions through our pipeline by giving online demonstration sessions of the PayPie software.
- Qualify and develop new contacts within defined prospects and customer accounts.
- Craft messaging to help educate potential customers on the value of our software.
- Track activities and maintain relevant information in our CRM system.
- Other duties as required by our startup environment.
- Utilize your strong analytical ability to evaluate customer journey mapping across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Stay on top of customer marketing best practices, and consistently share the best of what you learn with your team and infuse it into your ideation, strategy and approach.
- Develop relationships with potential and current customers on social media groups and channels.
- Create content for and maintain our social media channels.
- Develop partnership programs.
- Create content for email campaigns, lead magnets, landing pages, etc.
- Wear various hats to attend to various startup demands.
A Little Bit About You
- You are a marketing generalist fired up about the prospect of helping customers to become better versions of themselves.
You have 1+ year of experience in a marketing role with one or more of the following: growth marketing, business development, email marketing, relationship building, social media marketing, or campaign strategy.
- You have a deep understanding of the customer lifecycle, and a particular interest in increasing customer conversion rates.
- Your DNA is wired with customer and teammate empathy, curiosity, organizational skills and accountability.
- You have a proven ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- You have the ability to interpret data and generate actionable insights.
- Must be comfortable using business productivity tools like Google Analytics, MailChimp, Zendesk, etc.
- You're an excellent writer and speaker, both from a quality and conversion standpoint.
- Must have a college/university diploma.
- Accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Must be located in the greater Vancouver area.
- Must be a Canadian citizen.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)