Home Services Company
Our company is a growing, progressive home services company in the Edmonton market believing that we can do the right job for you the first time. We offer a varied suite of services through several distinct, yet intersecting brands. Each of these subsidiaries has a team of employees and sub-contractors and operates to serve the needs of their clients that are in turn our clients. We aim for consistency in service at the highest possible level with a design on expanding our impact beyond the greater Edmonton market.
With some planned changes in the structure of the organization, we are looking for a dynamic, strategic leader to assume the management support for all of our operating companies. As the General Manager, reporting to ownership, you will apply your skills in business operations, human resources, strategic planning, financial strategy/management as well as helping to drive the evolution of our sales and marketing for all of the brands in conjunction with our operating managers. This role will allow ownership to work on the business as opposed to working in the business and enable additional potential business opportunities and synergies.
Feel like you may be the right person for the job, but not sure?
- Do you have more than 5 years of Managerial Experience overseeing the world of business to consumer services?
- Do you have strong human resource skills and experience, with the ability to coach and lead a number of managers?
- Do you believe in driving a positive, supportive culture that respects individuals and their ideas?
- Have you demonstrated experience in successfully managing a number of competing priorities?
- Are truth, ethics, and customer service part of your character?
- Are you able to build trust and rapport through engaging in thoughtful communication with a wide variety of personalities and stakeholders?
Within this new role, you will be working from a playbook that will evolve over time based on your knowledge of best practice and the interpersonal dynamics of the stakeholders. We hope you will assume responsibilities eagerly that you can execute and derive value from the idea that you will help shape our future. Your role will encompass a wide array of tasks and responsibilities dealing with services for the residential and light commercial markets. You will act as an outward face of our brands, help drive our positive culture forward, and, are always able to represent yourself and the business professionally and respectably.
Our brands have been growing, winning awards and impacting lives in the greater Edmonton area for many years, and we want to add a great leader to our team to help bring us to the next level.
- Have demonstrated success from the world of home services, residential construction or something similar in a senior leadership role, or as a business owner yourself.
- Are confident working with many balls in the air at any one time and are capable of managing all of the competing priorities with grace and an unflappable nature.
- Have experience building budgets and managing business finances in line with budgetary goals.
- Bring passion for doing business with an honest, respectful approach to employees, clients, and vendors alike.
- Have experience working autonomously with limited direction to drive projects towards milestones.
- Are able and excited by the opportunity to work on a number of strategic & tactical goals simultaneously.
- Communicate clearly and professionally in English with writing and speaking, so you avoid surprises.
- Are comfortable with computers and software to support business.
- Have proven leadership and interpersonal skills; and can coach and develop leaders.
- Have a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s licence with a relatively clear driving record.
- Are bondable, with no criminal record, and can provide exceptional references validating your experience.
- Understand that a role like this one has needs that fall outside the confines of standard 9-5 business hours.
We offer a generous compensation plan consisting of a base salary, potential (bonus and/or profit sharing), benefits, and fuel reimbursement.
Industry: Consumer Goods and Services
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Bonus scheme
- Profit sharing/share options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- General Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Budgeting, planning and human capital management: 5 years (Required)
- Home Services Industry: 5 years (Required)