The Business Analyst / Systems Specialist provides support and data-centric management of the Student Information System (SIS) as well as other systems integrated with the SIS including Sales Force, Accounting System and the Moodle Learning Management System (LMS).
As the primary business and data expert for these systems, the incumbent connects with staff, faculty and occasionally students via the case management system, telephone, online conferencing and in-person as best suited for each particular inquiry or project.
Facilitating requests for data, support and training, the Business Analyst / Systems Specialist uses sound data management and analytic methods to manage records and reporting requests via the user interface and directly via the database system where suitable. The incumbent must be proficient with systems and data management including demonstrated strengths with Microsoft Excel, SQL and data analytics tools such as Tableau for data reporting and manipulation.
The Business Analyst / Systems Specialist will onboard to the current SIS, an in-house developed Microsoft .NET and SQL application. With extensive population growth planned, the incumbent will be integral in the discovery and implementation of a new enterprise SIS which is scheduled for go-live in Q3 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates all data inquiry, import and export requests, including ad-hoc and data analytic reports via Microsoft Excel, SQL, SSRS, Tableau, Power BI or similar tools as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison between business units and IT department; assists with business cases in support of projects; participates in or facilitates business process mapping modelling
- Plays a key role in collecting, documenting, simplifying, organizing, communicating and managing user requirements
- Connects with users via the case management system, phone, online conference and in-person, escalating between communication methods as best suits the needs of the individual and their specific support inquiry.
- Develops all system-related documentation, according to the company standards and policies
- Co-ordinates with the SIS Specialist to assist in systems projects, development projects and related initiatives.
- Collaborates support, initiates and monitors progress of escalation to all company developers and technical teams.
- Monitors application support inquiries and infers relationships between systems, processes and user behaviour to provide recommendations for corrective action and development opportunities.
A. Education and Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Experience with student management systems and academic environments is an asset.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in applications & systems support, Documenting Requirements, as well as business process mapping and analysis
- a diploma in a related discipline is required
- experience in the education sector is required
- Understanding of programming languages, relational databases and systems structure are highly desirable
B. Skills and Abilities
- Excellent ability to dissect and learn unfamiliar systems and processes quickly and effectively
- Proven proficiency with managing and resolving support inquiries from multiple channels efficiently and accurately
- Proven business process analysis and deconstruction skills, including workflow translation and documentation
- Proven .NET and Microsoft SQL development experience in a solo or small team environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Relational Databases (RDBMS)
- Solid understanding of data analysis and data manipulation using Excel and Microsoft SQL
- Good understanding of Web Technologies and Components, including markup languages, web servers, cloud computing
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Strong work ethic
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the HR department.
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.
About Toronto Film School
Toronto Film School offers a fast and effective path to an exciting career in film, television, theatre, fashion, graphic design or video games.
What sets Toronto Film School apart is that right from the start students begin the transformative process of turning raw energy and creativity into the practical skills demanded by the competitive world of the entertainment industry.
Students will be filming, editing, performing, writing and designing in a high-energy environment, preparing for exciting careers within the entertainment industry – with the guidance of industry professionals and supportive faculty, who understand what it takes to succeed.
Toronto Film School has three campuses in the GTA: Dundas College, Davisville and Concord.
Please visit www.torontofilmschool.ca for further information.
Yorkville University/Toronto Film School is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $71,051.00 to $112,620.00 /year