We are seeking interactive, creative, motivated, and responsible teachers who genuinely enjoy teaching students from all over the world. Our online lessons are live sessions with international students of varying ages. The teacher must have a strong knowledge of the ESL language standard, and be willing to teach from the comfort of their home. Schedules vary depending on demand and on time zone.
At this time, we are looking for four (4) candidates who are willing to work with the Asian time zone. The ideal candidate is available to start immediately any day of the week from 5am EST to approximately 10am EST and/or Fridays and Saturdays from 6pm to 10pm EST.
The candidates will be working with either private students or a small group of children, ages 3 – 12, as they provide an integrative skills program focused on developing conversation skills.
Candidates for all time zones are also welcome to apply.
Start date: Immediately
Must speak English at an idiomatic level with at least 1 year of classroom experience. Live online teaching experience is an asset
Bachelor’s degree in any related field
TESL Canada certificate from an accredited institution
Comfortable working with computers, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom and Skype, etc.
The ideal candidate will work well independently, work well with various students of different ages and from different cultural backgrounds, be flexible, pay great attention to detail, and be caring with our students. *
- Assess and identify students’ individual learning needs
- Develop interesting and engaging lessons plans and instructional materials for students
- Keep students engaged using a variety of teaching techniques: lessons, discussions, videos, presentations, etc.
- Focus on developing students’ English language skills – speaking, reading, writing, and listening
- Assign and marks homework
- Evaluate and review the progress of students and provides feedback
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning and progress and modify instructional methods to fit individual students’ needs, including students with special needs; incorporate individual and small group instruction
- Organize and maintain accurate and complete record-keeping and reporting for all students’ progress, assignments, and achievements
- Live online instruction hours/schedule is flexible
- Prepare and host demo lessons for prospective students
As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to prepare a 20- minute demo lesson on a given topic appropriate for children or adult ESL learners.
We thank all the applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 5 - 10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $14.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Online Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- TESOL Certificate (preferred)