TF Truckload & Logistics provides Transportation and Supply Chain Management services to large petrochemical, utility and industrial corporations.
TF Truckload & Logistics is currently recruiting for a temporary Entry Level Warehouse Technician. Term will be 3 to 6 months.
Working on our customer site at Lloydminster, AB, Warehouse Technicians are responsible to provide operational support to the Business Units working closely with Procurement Services and Maintenance personnel to comply with policy and procedures for loading, unloading and inventory movements of materials within or near plant, yard or worksite. Activities above must be executed in a safe, efficient, reliable manner adhering to established practices, procedures, and operating guidelines and offering the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This is a full time position Monday to Friday 40 hours per week Mon-Fri with occasional overtime and weekend work. This position reports to the Operations Department of TF Truckload & Logistics.
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively promoting health and safety through participation and leadership in TFTL Health and Safety Program and Policies
- Responsible for using a forklift, zoom boom, swing reach hand truck and other machinery to accept, count and then move incoming deliveries to the warehouse or specific departments, properly place items for storage and access, move materials as needed and deliver outgoing materials to the shipping area.
- Responsible to load materials onto/into vehicles and uses proper load securement principles to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Responsible for issuing and distributing material, as well as shipping and receiving material as per established Receiving Control Plans.
- Responsible for the storage of materials in appropriate locations and under appropriate conditions to maximize shelf life and protect from loss
- Play a key role in identifying, reporting, and quarantining non-conformances
- Control of proper storage of the materials and ensure material traceability throughout the chain of custody.
- Be an active resource in the warehouse management system.
- SAP system receipts and inventory transactions
- Must ensure compliance with TDG, WHMIS, OH&S, and any other regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to ensure all warehouse facilities and equipment are maintained in good operating condition.
- Be on-call periodically throughout the year.
- Responsible for the safety of others and own personal safety while performing duties
- Attendance and contribution at monthly safety meetings and the reporting of unsafe conditions/incidents.
- Responsible for the safe/correct utilization of all tools including repairs, equipment and material associated with their position.
- Being a team player, participate in team meetings by sharing knowledge and experience.
- Support internal/external customers and vendors
- General Warehouse/Office Duties
- Participate in Safety Program, Quality program and Non-conformance management
- Special projects as required
- A proven track record in service, attendance and reliability
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 year experience in warehouse (receiving or materials management)
- Minimum 1 years forklift experience (gas and/or electric powered)
- Some related background with trucking and/or oil companies
- Must demonstrate industry experience
- TDG/WHMIS training and familiarity with OH&S and MSDS
- Experience in using MS Office
- Experience in SAP systems and/or WMS software
- Special skills considered, aptitude with plant and purchasing computing systems (data entry)
- Able to clearly communicate with peers, Site Business Unit representatives, in verbal or written form
- Good organizational skills
- Be able to pass a Pre-employment physical demands analysis and medical
- Capable of lifting, climbing, and other physical activities for specific periods of time
- Able to react/respond safely to stress related work activities/emergencies
Job Type: Temporary
- forklift: 1 year (Required)