Canada's Challenger Bank™
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Manager, Mortgage Services
Purpose of Job
The incumbent is responsible for the accurate calculation of prepayment penalties, preparation of payout statements, application of funds to pay down/payout mortgage balances, and the preparation of discharge documentation.
- Prepare prepayment penalty quotes and payout statements accurately within a specified timeframe
- Post full and partial discharge payments and principal pay downs accurately on the mortgage system
- Prepare and distribute discharge documents
- Handle inbound phone calls and emails regarding payout and discharge inquiries
- Conduct timely follow-up to obtain all past due payout funds. When necessary, reactivate mortgages and initiate collection for outstanding balances, when applicable.
- Diligently complete collection activity to obtain shortfall funds at payout
- Process refunds for payout surplus funds
- Reconcile discharge reports and keep other departmental reports updated as necessary
- Work with Renewals and Retention team to retain mortgages
- Understand and follow policies, guidelines and procedures
- Archive discharged files
- Complete a diploma program in a related discipline or minimum of 2 years in a related field
- Knowledge of mortgages
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple high-risk priorities simultaneously
- Strong organization skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team oriented
- Intermediate excel skills a must
- Computer literate (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.