The Maintenance Associate works to support all processes related to planning, scheduling and execution/completion of maintenance activities for the Operations Department in the facility.
This role ensures compliance and adherence to all applicable internal and regulatory requirements for Occupational Safety and Health as well as for Food Safety standards. The Maintenance Technician assists with execution/adherence to the facility maintenance budget.
The Maintenance Associate reports to the Maintenance Team Leader and up through to the Director of Operations. They are expected to interact with other members of the leadership team, and production staff as required to carry out their duties.
- Maintain and uphold the safety and quality standards of the organization and those set by industry.
- Ensure all maintenance activities in the facility are appropriately carried out.
- Record all maintenance and service activities conducted and maintain a cycle of the same.
- Interact with other departments to ensure the proper functioning of all systems in facility.
- Maintain the Preventative maintenance program.
- Create Work Orders and Purchase Orders for the maintenance of equipment and the documentation for the procurement of spare and replacement parts.
- Facilitate the development of comprehensive preventative maintenance program to include scheduling, tracking and completion of required activities to ensure consistent sustainable performance of factory equipment.
- Ensure compliance of all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and Health rules while conducting work functions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment or parts using hand or machines.
- Perform preventative measures for safeguarding the machinery against any kind of degradation on a regular basis.
- Inspect, operate and record maintenance work and associated costs.
- Clean, repair and lubricate parts.
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic and mechanical problems on the production lines.
- Maintain overall cleanliness and proper functioning of maintenance areas, tools and machinery. Additionally, track and maintain inventory of tools needed for operations.
- Paint and repair building windows, doors, walls and floors, and maintain performance on building support systems (HVAC, etc.)
- Follows and complies with all company health and safety rules & Provincial Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Follows and complies with all SQF/HACCP/GMP (Food Safety) protocols, policies and procedures.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Attention to detail and produce timely results
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- A go-getter attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in order to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details and produce timely results
- A person who enjoys and excels in an environment of growth and change
Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma, food safe certificate, WHMIS and HACCP knowledge are an asset.
- Fluency in the English language (both orally and in writing).
- Previous experience in a food or supplement manufacturing facility an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in teams
- Have oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external vendors and customers.
- Ability to problem-solve;
- Demonstrated judgment within the scope of duties
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
- Mechanically inclined; Experience with hand tools, minor repairs, welding,
- Forklift experience required; Previous Scissor Lift Exp an Asset (Company will still provide training)
- May require overtime on occasion
- Requires physical fitness and mobility in the plant environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- A tolerance for hot temperatures
Shift: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)