Guest Services Agent Part-time (3 to 4 days/week)
We manage 7 short term rental apartments at the Plateau - Montreal. We are looking for a friendly, service-oriented person to join our family business. You will mostly work from home. You will manage all guest needs including the reservations as well as managing the cleaning schedules & staff and coordinate repairs. Additionally, you will be asked to go to the apartments periodically to check on inventories and the overall state of the apartments.
On the days you are on duty, you will be asked to work an average of 6 hours/day. There will be days where you might work more than 6 hours. If this is the case, you should manage the next day’s work hours to work less in order to make up for the extra hours you have worked on the previous day. On duty means you are 24 hours on duty and will have to answer the occasional calls coming in during the night.
What we ask of you:
- Answer phone calls while on duty (on rare occasions, the phone could ring in the middle of the night or early in the morning)
- Respond to guest inquiries on multiple listing platforms and on email promptly
- Manage booking platforms, pricing and booking calendars
- Manage check-in/check-out and other guest needs
- Assist with the day to day running of the business
- Inspect apartments, help with inventory and sometimes go shopping for supplies
Requirements for the job
- Must have excellent communication skills (written & verbal) in English and French.
- Have a car to get to the apartments within 30min. for emergencies
- Must have a Computer/MAC and mobile phone
- Needs to have good knowledge of word & excel and web browsing
- Social media savvy
- Experience in operating booking platforms such as AirBnB, HomeAway …. a plus
- Personable and outgoing when dealing with guests
- Previous experience in customer service and/or hospitality industry preferred
- Ability to remain calm, polite, and patient in stressful situations
- Must be flexible to work on some of the holidays and weekends
- Possible full-time job in the near future and management of the business.
- Work from home and be your own boss
- Flexible workdays and hours
- Depending on the employment type, we might pay part of your internet and phone bill
- Mileage payment
We prefer self-employed candidates but are open to employment.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Freelance, Permanent
Salary: $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
- English & French (Required)